Located in Nashville, Tennessee, andoperating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patientcare, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each daywith the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertisewill be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is aplace where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- issought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part ofsomething that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their workand never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
Oral health is animportant part of your overall wellbeing. Our experienced dentists and oralsurgeons offer everything from general dentistry to complex surgeries andreconstruction.
ABOUT VANDERBILTORAL HEALTH
Vanderbilt Oral Healthincludes two clinics: General Dentistry, and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.Together, these clinics provide a full range of dental services with the expertand compassionate care you expect from Vanderbilt.
Our team of oral andmaxillofacial surgeons is one of the most respected in the region. Ourspecialties include:
*Wisdom and other tooth extractions
*Jaw and facial reconstruction
*TMJ repair and replacement
*Surgery for obstructive sleep apnea
This is a PRN position.Candidate selected will work as needed onspecified days and as a fill-in for when staff members are using Paid TimeOff.
The clinic is open Monday -Friday; Days.
*Conducts preventive, therapeutic, cosmetic andother dental services for patients with some guidance as prescribed by adentist. Consults with dentist regarding unusual circumstances.
Preferred Education, Skills, andExperiences:
Strong customer service experience is critical for this position
Ability to get the job done and maintain a smooth clinic flow
Experience performing dental hygienist duties
2+ years of experience as a Registered Dental Assistant (highly desired)
Conducts oral health and hygiene evaluations.
Performs dental hygienist duties.
Prepares patient for procedure and/or exam.
Provides patient with instructions.
Maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PATIENT EXAM ROOM CARE - (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamentalproficiency to successfully demonstrate patient exam room care in practicalapplications of moderate difficulty.
DENTAL TERMINOLOGY (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamentalproficiency to successfully demonstrate dental terminology in practicalapplications of moderate difficulty.
STERILIZATION PREPARATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiencyto successfully demonstrate sterilization preparation in practical applicationsof moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others whileaccomplishing assignments.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION - (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamentalproficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practicalapplications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction ofothers while accomplishing assignments.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENTSERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY(P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCESEFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed toproviding the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of ourrecent accomplishments:
USNews & World Report:#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health CareProvider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinicalspecialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
TruvenHealth Analytics:among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitalsin the U.S.
Becker'sHospital Review:one of the "100 Greatest Hospitalsin America"
TheLeapfrog Group:grade "A" in Hospital SafetyScore
NationalInstitutes of Health:among the top 10 grant awardees formedical research in the US
MagnetRecognition Program:Vanderbilt nurses are the only grouphonored in Tennessee
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.